Discovery Multisensor Detector
The VF5603-0M Discovery Multisensor Detector contains a photo smoke sensor and a thermistor temperature sensor whose outputs are combined to give the final analog value. The way in which the signals from the two sensor are combined depends on the response mode selected. The five modes provide response behavior which incorporated pure heat detection, pure smoke detection, and a combination of both. The multisensor is therefore useful over the widest range of applications. The outer smoke chamber has inlet apertures fitted with insect resistant mesh.
The Multisensor construction is similar to that of the photo detector but uses a different lid and optical moldings to accommodate the thermistor temperature sensor. The sectional view shows the arrangement of the optical chamber and the thermistor.
- Compatible with Elite and Elite RSM control panels
- 5 operating modes
- Combines photo, smoke, and thermal sensor value for enhanced detection performance and false alarm reduction
- Address is set by X-Pert addressing and is stored in the sensor base
- Rate of rise heat signals
- Drift compensation
- Polarity insensitive
- Fits 4″, 6″, or 6″ low profile bases
- 6″ audible base
- 4″ relay base