Power Supply – 8 Amps
DOCUMENTATION AND SOFTWARE:Product Catalogue (PDF)
VES LLC VF8004 is an 8 Amp, 24VDC, filtered and regulated, supervised remote power supply/charger used for supervision and expanded power driving capability for Fire Alarm Notification Appliance Circuits. The VF8004 may be connected to any 12V or 24V (FWR or DC) Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) by using a Notification Appliance Circuit (NAC) or a ‘Dry Contact’. Primary applications include NAC expansion (supports ADA requirements) and auxiliary power to support system accessories. This unit provides filtered and regulated 24VDC, 8 Amp up to four (4) Class “B”, two (2) Class “A”, or two (2) Class “B” and one (1) Class “A” Notification Appliance Circuits. With the optional plug-in module the unit supports (4) Class “A” Notification Appliance Circuits.
Additionally, an auxiliary power output of 3.5 Amps (disconnected upon AC power loss or an alarm condition) or 200 mAmps (constant) is provided, which can be manually reset. Two FACP NAC circuits or two “Dry” contact initiating circuits can be connected to the VF8004 inputs. These inputs can then be directed to control supervision and power delivery to any combination of the four (4) outputs.
Each output is rated at 3.0 Amps (Class “B”) or (Class “A”) and can be programmed to generate a steady or Code 3 Temporal Horn sound and a strobe output under alarm condition. Total load for the PS-24-8MC NAC circuits must not exceed 8.0 Amps.
The VF8004 is UL Listed under UL Standard 864, 9th Edition to be used with any 24 volt Listed Regulated notification appliances that use the supported protocol.
- STANDARD FEATURES
– 120VAC, 50/60Hz, 5.0 Amps Operating Power in Alarm
– 24VDC Battery Backup Connection
– Two (2), 12V or 24V NAC Initiating Circuits (8-33V at 5mA) FWR or DC
– Two (2) “Dry” Contact initiating Circuits
– Accepts two (2) Class “A” or two (2) Class “B” circuit inputs
– Built in battery charger
– NAC outputs are 24VDC, 3.0 Amps each, power limited
– 8 Amps total alarm current
– Capable of four (4), Class “B” circuits
– Capable of two (2) Class “A” circuits
– Capable of four (4) Class “A” circuits with optional PS-4CA module
– Capable of one (1) Class “A” circuit and two (2) Class “B” circuits
– Temporal (Code 3) or constant voltage output
– Built-in synchronization mode that can be fed to any or all of the output circuits
– Input and output can be synchronized with “IN>OUT SYNC” mode (SM, DSM or 2nd PS-24-8MC is required)
– Audible silence capability
– Filtered and electronically regulated output
– 3.5 Amp auxiliary power limited output with reset capability. (Removed upon AC loss or alarm). Automatic reset 30 seconds after AC power returns or the alarm condition is over) or 200 mAmps auxiliary power limited output which remains on during AC loss or an alarm condition
- Product/Reference Number